Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My biggest payout (so far)!

Thanks to the swineflu, I have been able to play 4 tournaments the last two evenings. First day I played an 180 and 45 tournament. Busting out in the middle of the 45 (where I had a good position), but managed to recover well in the 180. Ended 7th with a 12 USD payout. I have to admit that I played to get itm to avoid the "tilt" description on sharkscope (Sharkscope have blocked most of the personal info by the way).

Yesterday I followed up with two 3 dollar tourney's. One 45 and one 90 turbo. Again I started well in the 45, but lost focus playing two games and was thrown out in the middle game against a river that ended in two pairs vs my highest pair. In the 90 i struggled, but managed to recover (play better when I focus on one game only) - my multi-table capacity is far below yours Roland - lol.

However, this time it ended well. I had less than average stack all the way, but played with one goal to sneak itm. With a triple all-inn 77, 1010 vs my QQ I suddenly were healthy enough to be itm-group with 30 players left. Then again I was below average until we were itm. Just struggling to survive I realised that I would manage to be 5-6th and secure a decent payout in my perspective, so I loosened up and started to steal blinds more aggresively. Tried to call or raise some pots pre-flop, but that was a waste of chips. So, it was either all-in or nothing. Luckily I managed to be in the best position pre-flop in all the all-in's and even win them - does not happen often!

So, being heads-up and turning the situation from 50k vs 70k, to 100k vs 20k by betting on every high card, I tried an all in with 10-6 vs Q-J. I felt I had to use my free chance on almost any range of cards as soon as he invited to go all-in, and it worked. The only hand I was behind during the game came to my rescue. Voila - I had won my first major tourney! Suddenly my statistics are pretty again.

I wished to let you see the game yourself, and not settle with this self-promoting version, but I did not get the hand-replayer to function. It only seems to work with a few hands. Does somebody have the recipe? You all seem to manage.

PS! I have started to call with more of my pairs, in order to try to get sets on the flop (after being the donk in the two last home games due to benkogambit doing this to me). Yesterday my 44 ended being a very strong hand with 443 on the flop. A poor russian player actually had 33 and thought he had me. I felt just as sorry for him, as you did with me in the last games benko...

Hands 1 to 100


Hands 101 to 150


Hands 151 to 175


Hands 176 to 190


Final hands


PS: There was a problem with hand 193 which was causing the problems with the replayer. I had to break the hand history into smaller groups just to pinpoint the problem. However, I still don't know what was wrong with that hand. I rewrote it manually just to get it up:)

GG

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on a fine win and cash! I've been home with the flu too, but havent done as well. Ive gotton all in with AA 4 times and lost 3. Running about 50% with KK and shoved QQ twice today into AA losing both. Luckily I have still managed to break even over all :)

    Ill probably be playing later tonight.

    If you mail me the txt file with you HH Ill see if I can post it for you.

    GG!
    Roland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Klokkhammer, nice win! Was this a turbo or regular speed and how long did it take? I look forward to watching the replay at some point....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice game Klokkhammer. Here are some immediate thoughts on hh 1 - 100
    1. you folded several suited connectors preflop with multiple limpers. These hands are great for seeing a cheap flop and either folding or flopping a well concealed monster. Definately worth playing in MTTs.
    2. your hand range in general seems decent, but I noticed to marginal hands. You called a multiway all in pf with QQ. This is boarderline, and read dependant. HH 70 you called a multiway all in pf with AQs. Im pretty sure that this is cEV negative and spewing chips. Finally, hh 94 minraising from midposition with AJs. This is also a loser. AJs in that spot is playable, but minraising is just bad. You open yourself up for a reraise which you cant call. This is just what happened too. I say the same to MrSmith every game he plays...

    ReplyDelete
  4. hand 101-150
    hand 11 calling an early raiser out of position w A10 is questionable, but you sure got a great flop!
    h 16 big stack sb vs short stack bb. I dont like limping here. Either move all in or fold.
    h 19 minraising again, not good. Plus, in this hand you have a micro stack still left to act
    after you. If you want to play this hand put the shorty all in. That way you keep the initiative and remain the aggressor.
    h 28 so late in the game, passive play is not good. Either raise or fold from the sb unless the bb is proven passive. Kxs is often good enough for a raise.
    h38 nice aggressive and desisive shove with AK! nh.
    h43 I dont like completing with 93s so late in the game, but once you are in the hand, what are you hoping for playing trash oop? You flopped middle pair and everyone checked the A high flop. You most likely have the best hand, but its vulnerable. You MUST bet the turn rather than give them a free card. I bet the big stack's turn bet from pos was a pure steal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hands 151-175
    h8 you were desperate, I like your line here. nh!
    h11 (and 10) minraising late gets expensive. However, I like your turn raise winning the hand on a missed flop vs a big stack. n1!
    h12 minraising oop with a mediocre hand. Rather than stealing the blinds, you have invited a string of callers. Dangerous play! Be happy you didnt flop an A or your tourney would have ended.
    h18 if you had raised pf he probably would have folded. Limping late is passive and your hand is so weak you dont want to see the flop.
    h22 nr
    h23 limping w a solid hand to cooperate getting the microstack out is good here. Dont sweat the result! nh

    ReplyDelete
  6. hands 176-190
    1 nr perfect
    10 and 11 nice aggressive play w premium hands.

    Heads up. Nice patience with really crap cards. You were aggressive with your decent hands and they held up.

    Nice win Klokkhammer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments Roland - much appreciated. Here is part one of my comments:

    1) Ad Suited connectors. Yes, they are not my favorite hands. I could have played the first one, but it came immediately after my quad 4s, so I decided to take it easy for a while. It was just a matter about preserving my stack in order to be able to wait for the bigger hands. (Yes, I missed a straight on the flop).
    2) the call with AQ came with me being a chip leader, and it was a 6x bet, so I guessed it was a decent chance for me hitting the flop and outplay my opponents. The second caller had a little stack, so I was most concerned about the 99 guy. I did not hit the flop and he raised again so I folded. Felt I could afford it, but you might be right that this is not EV+. I simply took the chance based on my stack size - good fold though :)
    3) Mini-raise with AJs. Yes, I know this is irregular. It's a habit from our live games. If you tend to miniraise with all hands (even monsters) people (over time) tend to fold quite often. Even in MTTs I am surprised about how often I can steal with a mini-raise so I often do so. All in all its less risky. Maybe I should stop doing this in MTTs - I'll think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hand 101-150

    h11 - yes i did
    h16 - maybe you meant h17. Felt I had to raise even if I had the bottom pair as he was the bb and probably missed the flop
    h-19 agree, it was not good
    h-28, would not have raised but thought i could limp with kx, but all-in was too much. felt it was ok as sb.
    h-43 was a disaster, should never have played it. Probably did it as a complete wild card. Do that sometimes, but this was pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hand 151-175

    h-8 yes i was :)
    h-10/11/12 - at this stage i try to play more hands. Expensive but the very good pay if i get the blinds. yes it is very dangerous, but i was ready to fold an a6 if the flop was axx, and the other got all-in.
    h-23 yes, i notice that is usual to cooperate like this.

    Hand 176-190
    Yes, I played better in the end :)

    Thanks for the comments - very useful.



    h-18 no point in raising 104 pf - but i actually tried to catch him post-flop with two pairs - too bad he got flush.

    ReplyDelete