Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Challenge Update: Test Run

Just to test the waters, I multitabled 10 games last night on my tiny laptop. I cascaded the tables and it was easy to manage. I can tile 9 tables comfortably on my stationary, but 15 starts getting too small. I can't read the stack sizes quickly enough. So, it looks like cascading is the way I'll go.

I did 20 games within about two hours. The play was easy, but the cards didn't fall my way. I was ITM 25% with 1 1st, 1 2nd, 2 3rd and 1 4th. I also had 3 bubble boys where I lost two with AKs to Ax hands and one with KK again. I aslo busted early in a few games: a three way ai with AA in one, as well as QQ, JJ and two other AK. My good hands didn't hold up, but I did win one with A10 when I got all in vs AK - LOL!

All in all after these 20 games my ROI is -12% and I'm down a whopping $ 4,35. Not much of a start. Let's hope the next set goes better...

Roland

7 comments:

  1. Lol! Were they all 18/1.75 turbos? Tough to have a +ROI when the vig is so high (and even worse at the 9/1.20).

    I watched the start of a 9/1.20 for scouting purposes. First hand, the first four players limp, the button minraises, six players see the flop, KJx two tone flop, UTG bets 40 and everybody folds! Looked like they were playing limit poker.

    I did notice something funny while watching though. The PStars cards have a blue interior line, no yellow background, the black jacks face right.... They're using COPAGs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just multi-tabled a mere four 9/1.20s as an experiment. Eighth, fourth and two firsts for a $4.20 profit. Woo hoo! I wish I could say there was some skill involved but man was it ugly. Overplayed TPGK fairly early in three of them but drew out in two. Play was tighter and less donkish than I expected. The big advantage seems to come when it's heads up and it's not clear they know what they're doing. Don't think I could manage ten tables though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Benko! I've got the Doom switch and you have got the Boom swith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another quartet of 9/1.20s for me, none ITM, not even close. A bit UL but mostly I'm just terrible at multi-tabling. Among other things, on the small screens I have trouble distinguishing between the 5s and 6s -- on one hand, I thought I had flopped a set of sixes only to realize on the turn that the card was a 5. Fortunately I had chosen to slow-play my "set" that time, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, good to see slow playing has some merit! Seriously though, MrSmith and I use the simplified cards. It takes a day or two to get used to, but the big numbers and colors do make it easier to see what is on the board.

    All my games have been $1,50 + .25 buyin 18 man turbos. The rake is to high, but I wanted the multitable turbo tourneys. I think I will accrue more leader board points (and profit) than single table sngs.

    I will move back to a 10% rake game once I'm done here. Unless that is I start running at 50% ROI...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea, I think I will give the alternative deck a try. Thanks for pointing that out.

    Just bought a piece of "cardinal red" felt for our dining room table. Looks great, the cards slide beautifully and dirt cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can recommend the 4 colour simplified cards. Post a picture of the "chips stacked" on the felt + "dealt cards" sometime, I'm curious to see how the colours match!

    ReplyDelete