Friday, November 20, 2009

Challenge Results: 100 games

I played the 32 remaining games last night. 100 games in two days - LOL! Things went better than the first day but I didn't manage to recover my losses completely.

Challenge Results
Games Played: 100 18 man $1,75 Turbo
ITM: 30% (30/100)
ROI: -6 % (-$10,30)

Finish
1st 4
2nd 6
3rd 7
4th 13
5th 12
6th-9th 27
10th-16th 31
17th-18th 0

Low Orbit Leader Board
Points: 289
Current rank: 1026th

High Orbit Leader Board
Points: 938
Current rank: 126th (not a typo)

FPPs: 125 (which I intend on converting to a Sunday 1/4 ticket worth $11 bucks. Thus putting me 70 cents up for the challenge LOL)

I lost this challenge but I did learn a few things. Firstly, notice that the rake is 17% rather than the normal 10 %. I paid an extra 10 cents per game, or $10 total because of this. I ended my 100 games being down $10.30. In other words, the higher rake accounts for a 6% swing in my ROI. I was aware of this before I started this challenge, but it is a good example of something to keep an eye on.

Secondly, variance was as brutal as ever here. However, noticeably fewer confrontations are necessary to get itm, and Ms are still decent late in the game. So, it is much less of a shove fest at the 18 mans than the 45 mans.

Thirdly, play was less donk than expected. There were a surprizing number of multitablers that were quite solid as well as some silver and gold VIPs. Play was passive which allowed for a lot of stealing pre and post flop.

Running 9 games tiled on my stationary PC was comfortable. I doubt I would multitable so many at a higher buy in level though.

I'll most likely play another 100 of these in an attempt to get my ROI on the plus side and win the challenge. I seem pretty easy to beat. Any takers this time around...?

Roland

No comments:

Post a Comment