Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Challenge: One hundred - One dollar sngs - One week

I want to try something a bit different at Pokerstars. I need to take a break from the 3/45 turbos, and I was inspired after reading about Boku87 (thanks MrSmith).

Boku87 was a SuperNova Elite and has done two personal challenges. In the first, he turned $100 into $10 000 in under two weeks. Now, he is trying to turn $5 into $100 000 in 12 months. He seems to be an ABC-poker type of player, but he also manages to play 500 sngs daily! Check out his blog, the Pokerstars blog, or YouTube if you want more details on what it means to multitable 50 games an hour all day long...

So, who wants to attempt a 500 game day with me? LOL, now that would be something! Seriously though, I’ve been looking at the Battle of the Planets leader board, my bankroll and the available sngs at Pokerstars and suggest the following challenge.

Challenge: One hundred - One dollar sngs - One week

Here are the details and rules

Time frame: complete 100 games within a 1 week period. The leader board runs from Sunday to Sunday each week. I might start tonight, or I might wait until Sunday.

Buyin: Only $1 buyins are allowed. This corresponds to the lowest division Mercury with its $1-$2.99 buyin

Size: Only tourneys with 6 players to 27 players give points

Your best block of 20 games counts toward the low orbit leader board. There is a 5 block maximum. Plus, your 100 games will also count as one block in high orbit leader board. Therefore, 100 games in the challenge.

Results from each day will be posted.

Can I complete 100 games in a week? Can I manage a positive ROI? Can I make the leader board?

I think this will be a fun challenge and a nice diversion from the 45s. I plan on playing a mix of 9 man $1.10 sngs and 18 man $1.75 turbo sngs. To reach 100 games, I plan on multitabling around 15 games per session. So, with one crazy hour of play each day, I’ll be on track for reaching my mark.

My goal is obviously to be profitable. Moreover, I want to see how my hand range and line holds up under the stress of so many tables. Being forced to run on autopilot for a hundred games should give me an indication.

If anyone else dare join the challenge then we can run prop bets and see who is best!

Any takers?

Roland

3 comments:

  1. I'm interested! I need to reload tho, haha! Just played a 1,75/18 turbo to test, victory on my first try. I'll probably wait until Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! With Thanksgiving coming up, we basically have houseguests from now through early December so I'll be rooting from the sidelines for now. Not to mention that I'm terrible at multi-tabling. May try my hand four-tabling at the $1.10 level but tough to get in 100 games in a week at that rate. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can wait til Sunday. But, I may make a practice run this week just to test out multitabling 15 :)

    Nice win!

    ReplyDelete