Friday, November 5, 2010

Tough Competition in a 2/180

Well, I was going to post a hand history from the end game of a 2/180, but could get the replayer to work. I ended up 2nd at any rate. It was a typical donk-fest and I got quite lucky myself a few times. Anyway,  even though most of the players in these things are horrible, there are always some scary-good players lurking as I realized at the final table of this one.

I had a huge chip lead at the final table and was getting playable hands. However, after getting an all in reraise response to my first steal attempt vs MRL123 (he was to my left) I knew that he wasn't to be messed with. I decided the best course of action was to put my big stack to use and deny all reraise opportunities by going into push - fold mode. This worked nicely until we were down to the final three. I was still chipleader with about 120K and the other two each had about 75K. I was steadily wearing them down when I shoved from the btn with 99. yadonesun11 final picked up a hand and called with AA. MRL123 got knocked out shortly thereafter and I was heads up with about 1/4 of the chips.

 In the first hand heads up, yadonesun11 completed from the sb and the flop was KK2. I thought my 52s looked pretty good so I shoved in all my chips. He insta-called holding K5o and won the tourney.

Check out the stats on these two TAG players: MRL123 and yadonesun11 - yikes!  I didn't check them until after the game, but I'm glad I avoided trying to outplay them post flop - they are not what I typically expect in these tourneys!

I hope to see you in Sunday's Private Game!

Roland GTX

1 comment:

  1. Well done Roland! I checked them, and they seem to be at the level of benko :) but with a lot more games played.

    I will try to be at the table on Sunday, but being responsible for a birthday party that day I will not expect too much from my side.

    GL to the three of you competing for the overall title. We know you are going to be careful so expect a lot of re-raises/all inns..

    ReplyDelete