Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Live poker in Vegas

Hi guys,
I'm in Vegas as you know, and it's weird to see this crazy place. I was prepared for huge size, but huge isn't sufficient AT ALL. This place is insance. I'm staying at a "small" hotel, Venetian, which is hosting a conference with 7.000 people, in addition to all the gambling. Good lord, you need GPS inside these hotels.

Anyway, I played a deep stack on sunday, $150 buyin ($125 for the pot). Only 68 players, since it was mother's day, lol. Normally there are around 100 players. 1. place was around $2.500, 9 players getting paid. Blind levels increased every 30 minutes, 7.500 chips. I was both tired and nervous, but settled early, seeing a lot of players calling many flops early, with up to 7 players in the same hand. Pretty much the same as online poker. Didn't grab any big hands, but had a couple of good folds, i.e. JJ preflop in small blind, with a raise and rr from the button. The had QQ and 99, but I would have hit a set, lol.
I made no big mistakes, got some steals in higher blinds, knocked out one short stacked player shoving JJ, and I had AK in big blind (Hit the K).
After 6hrs, we were down to 12 players, with several short stacked. Blinds were 1000/2000, Ante 300, and I had appr 10.000 chips left. Got a QJs on the button, no action on the table, so I decided to shove. Big blind had around 25.000 chips, and decided to call with KQo, after thorough consideration. Hit a J on the flop, but turn was a K, LOL.
5 minutes earlier, there was a CRAZY hand on the other table. A girl with only 7000 chips shoved 95s, and was up against KK and AA. Bad timing indeed. But she hit both 5 and 9, the latter on the river. Amazing, and of course she made it ITM. That's poker :D
It was a lot of fun, and 6hrs entertaining for $150 isn't bad at all.

PS.: I was able to enter Pokerstars, without any hiding of IP address :D
I wonder if creating an account from Norway is sufficient, so seabreeze could play with that one?

2 comments:

  1. Well done MrE. Look forward to the next update from Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff E! Looking forward to hear more l8r!

    ReplyDelete